Tuesday, June 8, 2010

The House of Pain

Our family has been experiencing some turbulent times but it looks like we have made it through without too much trauma.

Thursday, May 27th - Michael, Jonathan and I attended our friend Jose's birthday party. We were enjoying some tasty treats when I started to get sick. It was a sharp pain in my side and literally took my breath away. I managed to make it through the party and we headed over to our house to get a couple of things before we headed home for the night. (We are still living at my mom's house. Our house should finally be done next Monday, June 14th. We are very excited to finally move back in.) After a very painful and messy ride home I sat out on the lawn crying, throwing up and wishing I could just die. My mom called my Uncle who said it sounded like it was a problem with my Gall Bladder or my Liver. We asked our neighbor over to help give me a blessing at which time the pain subsided.

Friday, May 28th - Michael and I headed off to the doctor to find out what was wrong with me. Jonathan was left home with my mom. The doctor agreed it was probably my Gall Bladder causing all of the pain. She sent us up to Alta View hospital to have an ultrasound. After the ultrasound we were asked to wait in the waiting room so the technician could call my doctor. After the technician was done talking to the doctor it was my turn. She told me I had Gall stones and one had left the Gall Bladder and was causing some blockage. She was going to consult a surgeon and call me back. Michael and I headed towards home while awaiting further news. Before we could even make it home she asked us to head over to the new IMC hospital where I would be meeting with the surgeon. Shortly after arriving at the hospital I was admitted and patiently waited for an operating room to open up. That night at around 9 pm I was taken down to surgery and at 11 pm I was wheeled back up to my room, minus my Gall Bladder. (They think my Gall Bladder is what caused me to be so sick my whole pregnancy... that gives me some hope.)
Getting Ready!
My room with a view.
It's all over but the crying.
Saturday, May 29th - The nurse kept coming in to ask if I needed help getting into to the bathroom... nope! Finally at 6:15 am she asked again and added I would have to get a catheter if I hadn't used the restroom by 6:30 am... yep, I sure did need some help getting in there! By noon I was headed home. As I walked in the door my mom informed me Jonathan was having a hard day. I went into the front room to sit with him. Within a couple of min he was sleeping. I have to admit I was doing much better after reuniting with my family as well. We had several visitors that day and that night Michael and family headed over to our house to do some yard work for the blessing the next day. (Thanks everyone for the help!)

Jonathan's first visit with Lito and Lita.

Sunday, May 30th - Michael went to church on time so he could be there for the first week of our new calling (We are the Sunbeam teachers). I guess they even used Pa A in primary on the piano. Jonathan, my mom and I stayed home and headed over in time for Sacrament meeting and Jonathan's blessing. After church was over we had a small get together in our house. (Thanks everyone who brought yummy food!)


Monday, May 31st - I spent the day healing. Jose and Analee came over for a quick hike around Silver Lake (Okay, so just Jose and Michael went for the hike. Analee, Elias, Jonathan and I stayed in the car. I just wanted to be out of the house.) Then we all headed home to play a couple of games with my mom. That night we headed over to Amy's house to play games before Michael's dad and Jayne headed home the following day.
Tuesday, June 1st - Happy two months Jonathan! Analee came over to help me out with Jonathan since I was still having a hard time lifting him. It was a huge help, not to mention a lot of fun to spend the day with her and Eli.
Wednesday, June 2nd - Jonathan headed into the doctors for his two month check up. It was his turn for a little bit of pain. He didn't even know what hit him and he was sure mad at mom after it was over. Not that mom didn't already feel horrible about the whole situation. We only do it out of love, right?! It still hurts my heart. He had a low grade fever which Tylenol helped but other than that he was perfectly fine. It was nice that my incisions had healed enough so that I could somewhat start to cuddle with Jonathan again. I think this helped both of our recoveries.

He doesn't even know what's coming.

So sad!

That was our week in the house of pain. Hopefully it is over now and we can all heal. I would say that Michael wasn't included in the pain of it all but we know when someone is in pain, everyone feels it. Thanks Michael for being the best husband ever through everything!

Side note - The night of my surgery Jonathan slept until 8 am. He had sometimes slept through the night but never that long. Then after I returned home from the hospital he continued to sleep until at least 7am. We thought he had finally made the transition. Nope, not so lucky. As soon as I started sleeping back up in the bedroom with him he was up at 3 or 4am ready for some comfort. He had been sleeping in longer than that before surgery. I asked the doctor about it and he said mothers and babies are attached more than anyone will ever comprehend. What a stink pot to keep me awake, but I sure do love him!

3 comments:

Tysen and Stacie Barker said...

I'm sorry to hear about your surgery! I hope you are feeling better. Hope the baby is doing better after his shots...poor guy! Miss you guys!

Mel said...

Kimmie! Lets get together for dinner or something. I didn't really you were back in SL. I need to meet Jonathan AND Michael still. Hehe. :)

Globe Trecker said...

Ouch! Let's hope that July is pain free!

Cute picture of Jonathan...I can't believe you guys have a 2 month old already! We should try to get together with you when we come visit N.America in July/August.