Yesterday (Saturday 21 May 2011) we had a grand day out. First, I took Jonathan to get the oil changed and get the emissions test for our vehicle registration. While waiting, we took a walk down to see the the Trax train and then walked to see the new Trax line tracks. Because it is not running yet there were no trains there. Then we stopped by Best Buy before heading back to Jiffy Lube.
On the way home I heard a whacking sound and upon inspection at home happened to see a giant screw or bolt in our front left tire. We were wondering if today was a good day to take the car in to rotate the tires, and it looks like that decision was made for us since we were going in anyways. So without ever taking Jonathan out of his carseat we were off again to Big-O Tires. After we dropped off the car we went to the top of the Church Office Building. After snapping a few photos we picked up the car and headed back home.
We happened to pass City Hall and saw that the big Traditions Festival is happening today, so we told Kim that we had to go. She said that Marne had already called and invited us to go meet them. So, being the urban dwellers that we are, packed up the bicycles and took off for Downtown. We saw dancing. Kim and I shared some Sudanese and Salvadoran food (both very tasty). We also saw the crafts and finally began to understand how weaving works by watching Scandinavian, Algerian, and Asian fabric weavers. They were all quite interesting.
After spending a few hours there, we continued on to the Gateway Mall where we purchased $1 flip flops at Old Navy. Then over to Temple Square so Jonathan could see the Cristus statue. It was past 7:00 and so it was time to go home. We were all pooped from being outside all day long, and Jonathan got a little sun-kissed.
2 comments:
I love those routine days that are so filled up with lots of fun activities.
Fun stuff! I loved in DC the culture festival around the 4th of july! So interesting and fun! I'm that that you all had a full, yet tiring day. I hope you all got a great night's sleep because of it.
Post a Comment