 |
| Golden Hale |
Let me introduce you to my grandpa Golden Hale. I'm sure I'm not the most qualified to introduce him since I was never able to actually meet him myself. The stories I have heard about him make me anxious to meet him someday. I love to hear my Aunts and Uncles tell stories about his life. He had a wonderful sense of humor and such a love for everyone he met. I love that Aaron will take his name as a middle name. I hope we can raise him to be the kind of man that his name sake was.
 |
| Aaron Golden Adams |
While Jonathan and Aaron looked very similar at birth Aaron is starting to look like the Hale side of the family. The picture of my grandpa sits right by Aaron's bed and every time I put Aaron to sleep I giggle to myself at how much he is starting to look like him. Jonathan looks like a mini Michael so it's nice to finally see my side peaking through a little.
 |
| Francella Callister Hale |
I can't talk about my grandpa Hale, who I have never met, without bringing up my grandma Hale who has done so much to shape my life, second only to my mom. (I sure do love this picture of her.) I spent much of my childhood having sleepovers at my grandma's house. I think I was there most weekends and I loved it! We would read, play games (which she cheated at but maybe just because she had cataracts and couldn't see colors), and watch Murder She Wrote. (Okay, she would have me watch it and then fill her in during the commercials.) I sure did love the time we were able to spend with each other and how special she always made me feel. She was an amazing person.
When I was at the Mission Training Center (MTC) preparing to serve my mission I was trained on how to do genealogy. While at the training I decided to look up my grandma since her line was so long with all of the genealogy work she had done. One of the trainers came over and saw my grandma's name. She asked how I was related and then sat down to tell me how she knew my grandmother. My grandma had been her teacher in school. She had also attended the same ward. On the day of this cute ladies baptism she had walked over to church but was too nervous and shy to go in. She sat down on the steps of the church and began crying. My grandma happened to see her and went out and put her arms around her and talked to her for a while. Then she lovingly took her by the hand and walked her in to be baptized. This cute lady told me how she felt such love from my grandma and would probably not have been baptized if my grandma hadn't been there that day. I had always known how amazing she was but loved hearing that she made everyone feel that way. The day of her funeral was probably the greatest testament of the love people had for her. We held her funeral in Idaho were she hadn't lived for many, many years and as we looked around the chapel was full. So much of who I am is because of her.
(Amendment to the story above... My mom says I have remembered this story
wrong. The little girl had come to church by herself because her family was not
actively attending church. She was too nervous and shy to go inside and my
grandma came and got her from the steps. That is why she was eventually baptized. This is the
account my mom remembers from the letter I wrote home from the MTC. Apparently baptisms
were preformed in the canal so the first story couldn't have happened the way I
thought I had remembered. It's a good thing my mom is around to help me get
this straight.)
1 comment:
I'm glad your grandma could be a part of your life.
Post a Comment