As girls we have about 5 min to breathe after birth before we are expected to start planning our weddings. I have tried to buck this system my whole life... for good reason! Now it is time to start planning my wedding and I realize it is the only way to get a dress in time. Who knew a wedding dress would take 5 years and $50,000 dollars to create. After a long search I think I have finally found the dress. I started out with the traditional white. I thought an empire waist would be perfect.
After tracking down this perfect dress I decided I had better keep looking. (You can always go back, right?)

No one in their right mind would buy this dress but you have to admit it looks better with my arms up. It was time to move on to another shop.
After trying on more dresses than I care to admit I realized I was a bit of a princess... or wanted to be treated like one I guess.
I found several dresses I loved but I'm not a millionaire and had to concede to the budget and dress timeline. (Who knew this was a bad dress buying time of year because of the Chinese New Year?!)
Here are some of my favorites...

I think I have finally found the one I have been looking for (not pictured here). It was the right size off the rack with only moderate alterations. I have an appointment with my mom tomorrow to try it on again. I was so excited I could hardly even stand it. (Just because this meant my search was finally over.) Good luck to all of the future brides out there but you will need something more like a miracle to find what you're looking for.
2 comments:
Wait...I'm so confused...which one is your favorite????
BTW, I think it's so funny that you have finally conceded to being a princess. This is the one time in your life where you can demand to be a princess and everyone thinks it's perfectly normal. So, my advice? Take advantage girl. Stomp your feet, roll your eyes, cry even...it's all worth it in the end!
Gina,
I'm so glad you are reading this. I don't have a picture of the perfect dress on here yet. You will have stay tuned.
Post a Comment