(I have heard from other women who don't like babies that it is different when they are your own and I have faith that statement is true... I just won't be testing that theory anytime soon.)
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Who knew?
Those who know me well can attest to my unnatural dislike of babies. Give me toddlers by the handful, I can't get enough but keep the babies. I have always tried really hard but it's just not there. I figure that maybe, like fish, if I try it enough times I will eventually like it... I am a woman after all. All women love children, right?! Not true. Just like fish, I think it's a texture thing for me. I see how they are a beautiful miracle in other peoples arms. I guess you could say I admire them from a far. A couple of weekends ago my good friends were visiting from Las Vegas with their new son Mark. I was so excited to see him for the first time... from a far. I have to admit he won my heart in an instant. I couldn't put the poor kid down. Anytime he was given back to his parents I snatched him right up. I couldn't believe how I really could not get enough of this kid. I assure you I have returned back to my normal levelheaded self, I am still not sure how the kid bewitched me. Maybe it was the fact that he never once spit up on me. Maybe it was the fact that he was so chill all the time. I guess it could have been the fact that he giggled with me for at least 30 min. I think most likely it was the fact that I met him for the first time at the Red Iguana. Whatever the reason I am hooked and can't wait to see him next month when we head down for a visit.

(I have heard from other women who don't like babies that it is different when they are your own and I have faith that statement is true... I just won't be testing that theory anytime soon.)
(I have heard from other women who don't like babies that it is different when they are your own and I have faith that statement is true... I just won't be testing that theory anytime soon.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment