Picture taken before Lee handed me back the camera and it went for a swim.
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Wipe Out!
Spring break has already come and gone too quickly. If you try and call me and I don't answer it's not because I hate you. My phone no longer rings. It actually all started during Spring break. Michael, Analee, Jose and I headed down to sunny California for a long awaited cruise. As we arrived in San Diego we had to visit the beach first thing. Michael and I were testing the water when a large wave came in and pulled us out to sea... okay, not quite. Michael and I were testing the water when we saw a bigger wave coming in. We started to back up slowly but the wave was bigger than anticipated and we had to start backing up quickly. As I was moving back the quick movement knocked my phone out of my pocket and it slipped beneath the waves below me and disappeared. I turned around and started frantically looking for it. I spotted it just to my left up a little from me. I ran to grab it when the wave started on its route back out to sea. It started moving faster and I knew I didn't have much time so I lunged for it. Becoming off balanced my knees crashed down on the sand and I fell over. In all of the mayhem I was lucky enough to grab a hold of my phone but realized I was also holding my camera in my other hand. All of this while another wave practically covered me in water. I got up ran back to everyone and started telling them to take the batteries out of everything. We cleaned them off and let them dry out and they continued working again (kind of). I wish I had pictures but... The camera started up again a couple of hours later and seems to have no damage. The phone started up again a week later after the cruise but is a little more temperamental. On Tuesday it started to turn the ringer volume up on it's own, making it impossible to use any other feature. Now that bug is worked out the ringer won't ring. Oh well, at least it still kind of works.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
thank you!
Post a Comment