Saturday, February 28, 2009

I am in love with love... aka, Air Supply

Okay, so I might be "Making Love Out of Nothing at All" but it sure was a great night. Our girls night out with Air Supply is in it's third year. While this might seem like such a romantic setting for a date night, it's not. Just leave the boys at home and head out with others who will truly appreciate the experience (although, the more alcohol consumed did have a direct effect on how much the men enjoyed the show).

I knew this was going to be my year, my concert. I also knew it was on me if I was going to make this happen. As Air Supply starts singing the song "The One That You Love" they always walk around the audience. I had my camera and was ready because I needed the picture with Tall Air Supply. (Last year friend Melissa Kenney went for it and I was so jealous.) Short Air Supply headed off the stage on the opposite side of our seats. I knew that meant Tall was coming our way. He started up the isle and I thought my heart would stop working. He went up the stairs in the section over from us. I turned around in desperation and said, "Lee, you have to get a picture of me with Tall." I handed her my camera and realized I would need more support to actually get close enough. I looked at Heidi and asked her to go with me. Then Tall started walking closer and the three of us leapt out of our seats and rushed down the stairs to get the perfect picture. I even touched his back.


(You can barely see Heidi in the background but crazy drunk lady in the red shirt was freaking Tall out so he kept trying to get away from her... and possibly us.)

I was truly in heaven at that point in time. We quickly returned to our seats to find Candi and Lys laughing at us but impressed by our picture. At that point I knew the concert price was worth every penny. I sat in my seat and could not stop smiling. Little did I know that was just the beginning. Later they called us all down to the stage and we did not need convincing. Lee, Heidi and I were off again. Somehow we found ourselves front and center. That's where we stayed while they sang "Making Love Out of Nothing at All." This could not have been a more perfect experience if I had been able to plan it.

Thanks girls, for loving Air Supply as much as I do!


4 comments:

Becca said...

So jealous! So much fun - It was definitely your night.

Nicomi said...

the singer was totally looking down at you guys out of the corner of his eye! that's awesome!

Nicomi said...

i am in love with the idea of you guys updating your blog!

Nicomi said...

"sigh"...ugg...