Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Long Live the LCLC

And long live the Miss Num-Num Pageant! I know I have talked about my annual canoe trip with the girls before but it's that time of year again. Time for me to leave Michael home to do whatever he wants while I head out with the ladies on a 3 day 3 night canoe trip. The LCLC (Labyrinth Canyon Ladies Club) is about to embark on our 5th annual trip down the Green. We are more than excited to welcome Nicomi into our ladies club this year. I think it will be a great year to come along. As always we will miss others who have come and gone from the club as well.

I remember the first year like it was yesterday. Somehow I was able to convince four others to head down a river in canoes with me. The amazing part was how I convinced them that I could be their fearless leader. I remember the five of us debating whether we should brave the rain, hypothermia, and possibility of death and continue down the river as planned. I remember how none of us were thwarted by possible impending death and loading up our canoes and heading out anyway. I remember freezing as the rain continued to pelt our backs. I remember pulling into the only campsite we could find that wasn't flooded and saying, "What the h#$% was I thinking!" I remember cooking our hot dogs over burning paper towels because we couldn't find any dry wood. I remember one of us sacrificing all to finish four hot dogs so the wild animals wouldn't come to eat us. I remember having all five of us stuffed into a five man tent meant for three. I remember how stuffy it was but how we didn't dare open the window because of the screeching lady getting murdered outside (we think it's some sort of frog call). I remember moving to the supply tent and not caring that I would be alone and probably eaten by the swamp monster because I just needed to be able to turn over and sleep. I remember waking up the next morning to a beautiful day of pure sunshine. I remember almost getting left behind in the dingy because I could only get it to go in circles. I remember how we didn't have to paddle because the water was moving so fast. I remember trying to convince some in our group that we really didn't have to paddle because the water was moving so quickly. I remember making memories and friendships that would last a lifetime. How did we think we could stare death in the face and not permanently form a lifelong bond?!




Well get ready ladies because in one week from today we will be packing up the Passport and loading on the canoes to head out on another great adventure down the Green. As we have learned in years passed the trip has something new to offer every year. This year we will also be bringing our own offering to the river by way of a beauty pageant. The LCLC presents the Miss Num-Num pageant... gowns and all. So lets strap on our sandals and get down to business, Green River here we come.

Thanks again Michael and Jose for understanding and letting us continue our adventures.

1 comment:

Lorinda said...

I wanna hear the LCLC poem. come on, cough it up :).
Lorinda