- King Tut
- Turkey Legs (Not to mention Turkey and Turk)
- Monster
- Buddy
- Bubba (Sometimes Bubba Gump)
- Small Fry
- Kiddo
- Mini Michael
- AJ (Short for Alec Jr.)
- The Kid (or TK for short)
I'm sure I have forgotten some of them and I'm sure he will pick up more as time goes on. The funniest part is none of them are shortened versions of Jonathan. To me he looks like a Jonathan and not a Johnny or a Jon yet. As I said before, I'm sure he will be picking up additional nicknames as he grows up.
As you can see King Tut is at the top of the list. Jonathan really has taken over rule of our lives... with his dashing smile I'm not sure how to resist. After a long night he is quick to flash a smile at me to regain all of my love and devotion. He's not quick to share a smile though. It took several weeks before Michael was able to see one live. Michael was starting to feel bad as Aunt Joyleen, cousin Maria, brother and brother in law Kenneth , Aunt Nicomi, and my mother all enjoyed a huge grin before Jonathan decided to smile at dad. We expect him to start smiling on demand any day now... although we realize it might take a few more weeks.
Many have commented on Jonathan's exact likeness to his father (down to his square little hands). For those of you who know Michael's family it is no surprise that his hair is turning red. It was a surprise to me however. I know some of Michael's cousins have red hair but I didn't realize it was such a dominant trait. I taught primary when I first graduated from high school. I had a red headed girl and since then I always wanted red headed children... I think they are so cute. I don't know if the red will stay since he top is still brown and just the sides are red but I can hope.
As I said before, Jonathan is a mini Michael. So what did I contribute to my son, hay fever and acid reflux. We discovered the acid reflux early on when he would eat. It's not too bad to we are just going to wait until he grows out of it. We discovered the hay fever last weekend. We let him play in his bassinet while we worked in our yard. I tell him he is German and therefore must love being outside... and he does. Unfortunately the outdoors might not get along very well with him. At the end of a day of yard work he had a runny nose and a scratchy voice. I have kept him inside while we try to get rid of his symptoms.
Who knew this mom stuff was so great. I have tried to enjoy every minute I get to spend with my little man. It seems to be moving so quickly and I want to make sure I haven't just let it all slip by. We love to take afternoon (or morning, depending on the day) naps together. He is one great cuddlier. We also love our time spent reading our scriptures and conference talks. We have just started having dance parties. Up until now Michael and I have limited his music to Opera, classical and Disney but I decided it's time to introduce him to more genres of music. We have mainly stuck to Big Band. Today I decided to introduce him to the 80's power love ballads. (I figure he needs some good material for karaoke nights.) I also love talking to him and just making sure he knows how much his mother loves him. Like I said, who knew this mom stuff was so great?!
I'm not the only one who enjoys cuddling during nap time.
2 comments:
Yes...Danny is very envious of King Tut. I love the picture of your little king, and also the cuddling photos. I love the one with your mom. The cheeks are to die for.
What a great spread! Hopefully I'll get to see one of those wonderful smiles this weekend. See you soo!
Post a Comment