Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Additional Home Security

My brother is a police officer here in our area of town. On slow nights he drives past our house to make sure everything is on the up and up. It's been nice to have such an amazing security system for our house. (Michael even went on a ride along with him the other night... Maybe he will disclose more about that later.) On Sunday night, Michael decided it was time to add a little security of our own.

Sunday we woke up to a beautiful snowy day. (Beautiful partly because our neighbor shoveled our sidewalks for us.) We walked to church in a light snow fall and loved how clean and quiet everything was. After church we walked home in the continuing snow fall. Then Jonathan went down for a nap, Michael worked on his projects and I headed out to my nieces primary program. The roads were snowing but not too bad, I just avoided large hills. (Driving in the snow makes me so nervous, it's amazing what a winter in Vegas does to a person.) After returning home we hunkered down for the night as the snow continued. By 8 o'clock Michael headed out to shovel again, hoping it would be the last time. An hour later I thought, "What happened to Michael?" I figured he must have moved on to neighbors sidewalks as well (which he had done). Then he came in all excited and said we needed to come outside. After I insisted on bundling Jonathan up we made our way outside to meet our new security guard. I was laughing so hard, I loved it. It seems like our house is safe for multiple reasons now. (We ended up with a little over a foot of snow.)
On a side note, I just love Michael so much! He is an amazing husband and the worlds greatest dad! I know he is so excited for Jonathan to get bigger so he can have a buddy on all of these great adventures.

1 comment:

Globe Trecker said...

This post totally made me smile!