Sunday, February 22, 2009

Seriously?!

Okay, you have probably read Michael's entry about my haircut this weekend and I have the perfect quote to go along with it (from a favorite book of mine). I just kept thinking about this quote the whole time I was deciding to cut my hair. I really did love my hair long but the headaches and neck aches were just getting to be too much for me. So here is my quote... tweaked just a little.

"This is such an unromantic affliction. The girls in books lose their hair in fevers or sell it to get money for some good deed, and I'm sure I wouldn't mind losing my hair in some such fashion half so much. But there is nothing comforting in having your hair cut off because [it is much too heavy for your head], is there? I'm going to weep all the time you're cutting it off, if it won't interfere. It seems such a tragic thing."
-Anne of Green gables By Lucy Maud Montgomery

It truly is a tragedy I have had to live with my whole life. As hair cutter Jerry was finishing up the haircut he mentioned he felt about a foot taller standing on all of my hair, I said I felt about 20 pounds lighter. I guess thick and heavy hair is the price I have to pay in order to know I will never go bald.

No comments: