We have kept it pretty hush, hush but I guess it's time to get it all out into the open. Michael was made Bishop of our ward two weeks ago on 11 March 2012. (He is now in charge of spiritually leading everyone who attends our congregation. With the help of everyone in the congregation of course.) While I kind of expected this would be happening some day, I never expected it this soon. (I was also kind of shocked that it happened two months before our number two is expected to arrive.) He had been put is as a counselor for our former bishop just three months before getting this call. The first thing he did after being extended this responsibility was to contact former bishops and other friends who are currently bishops (watch out everyone in apartment C4, apparently you are all bishop material) to get as much insight as possible. Everyone helped to ease his concerns but he is still feeling the heat. I'm a mom and a bit concerned for what this will mean for our growing little family but I know there will be blessings. My mom was a single mom and said the other day that she would have much rather have become a widow of the bishopric than the alternative... and I agree. I'm very excited to see what the Lord has in store for Michael and the growth that is on the way.
As a side note. When your husband is bishop of a struggling ward you have funny conversations about how to get your ward stronger. Yesterday a friend from our singles ward said she was looking for an apartment. I started to rack my brain because she and her husband would be perfect for our little ward. As we were driving downtown (to see the new City Creek Center, awesome) I asked if maybe he could do an incentive program. Anyone who is currently worthy of a temple recommend would get three months of bishop storehouse food for moving into our ward. I'm sure this program would work but I'm not sure it would be approved by our Stake President. Oh well, we will have to keep thinking about it... maybe with a little prayer added in next time.
As a side note. When your husband is bishop of a struggling ward you have funny conversations about how to get your ward stronger. Yesterday a friend from our singles ward said she was looking for an apartment. I started to rack my brain because she and her husband would be perfect for our little ward. As we were driving downtown (to see the new City Creek Center, awesome) I asked if maybe he could do an incentive program. Anyone who is currently worthy of a temple recommend would get three months of bishop storehouse food for moving into our ward. I'm sure this program would work but I'm not sure it would be approved by our Stake President. Oh well, we will have to keep thinking about it... maybe with a little prayer added in next time.
3 comments:
Oh jeez...I was nervous enough about the C4 trend when Michael was called as a counselor. Congratulations to you guys!
NO WAY!!! Michale is Bishop? Oh, he will be so good. And you will be an awesome bishop's wife.
I totally thought you were kidding.
He will do great -- and so will you. :)
And Anne, just you wait -- Doug's turn to serve is coming....hehehe. :)
Post a Comment