Monday, May 7, 2012
The Story of Aaron - The Bullfrog
I feel horrible that poor Aaron isn't even mentioned on this blog and he is already two weeks old. There was a play by play of my pregnancy not to mention the day to day living after he was born for Jonathan. I'm afraid if we decide to have another one you will just get pictures at graduation. We were so excited to welcome Aaron into our family on April 22, 2012 at 1:52am. (His due date was May 1.) I started having labor pains around two or three on Saturday afternoon (April 21st). They were sporadic and anywhere from 15 to 30 minutes apart. We had been at a birthday party for a neighbor and as we walked home I told Michael we might want to start at least getting ready. I thought they would stop but I was sure I wasn't going to make it to my due date.
I called my mom and put her on alert. She offered to come sleep over but I assured her there was no need. I packed, cleaned the house, and played with Jonathan as the night continued on. Around 9:00 pm my mom called to see how things were going. I told her I was at about 15 min apart but I was sure they would stop when I went to bed. She said she would call again before she went to bed. Michael decided he had better let the rest of the bishopric know he would probably not be at church the next day and pass on any assignments that needed to be passed. My mom called again at about 10:00 and we decided she had better come sleep over so she wouldn't have to come in the middle of the night. My contractions were now about 10 min apart. She hurried over and by about 10:30 my contractions were down to 3 to 5 min apart and my mom was getting really nervous. She kept trying to hurry me out the door but I was waiting for Michael who still needed to get some last minute things. At some point my mom even offered to leave Michael behind and drive me herself. I assured her we would be fine and I would wait for Michael.
We were finally able to get out the door and make it to the hospital. I called my mom to let her know we had made it and she could stop worrying. They checked me in and I was dilated to a 5. They called the doctor and she said to keep me. I asked for my epidural and we settled in for the long wait. The epidural went in and my legs started tingle and I thought I was all set. My contractions started to get harder and I began throwing up dinner. The pain was so intense I wanted to die. We called the anesthesiologist back in and he said it might take a minute before the epidural starts working. My contractions became more and more intense and I was still throwing up and it was clear to me that my epidural was not where it needed to be. The second epidural was put in and the numbing took over just in time for the nurse to check me again and see the Aaron was crowning. She left and quickly called the doctor in. Once the doctor arrived I pushed twice and the next thing I knew I was holding my beautiful baby boy. He is the sweetest little boy!
At birth he was: 7 pounds 15 ounces 20 inches long
Today he is: 8 pounds 7 ounces (46%) 21 1/2 inches long (77%)
We have loved having him in our family. Jonathan loves him to pieces... sometimes literally. He calls him Bebe (said in a French accent). When you ask Jonathan to say "Aaron" he says, "Bebe". When you ask him again only slower he says, "Be - be" slower and more pronounced. He is always willing to do anything to help out with "Bebe". He has decided that he is no longer a fan of mom and dad. It took about a day and a half before he would even give me a hug. While we have become friends again he is quick to use his new found freedom to get into trouble while Aaron is eating. The mood at our house seems to go from mellow and fun to completely overwhelming in about 2 seconds these days. I will try and be better about updating but time is scarce these days. As for my pregnancy this time, it was no fun in the first trimester and great in the second trimester and miserable in the last trimester but still 100% better in all trimesters than it was last time.
By the way...Aaron's nickname is "The Bullfrog" because Kim kept calling him Jeremiah before he was born. And we all know that "Jeremiah was a bullfrog. Was a good friend of mine."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Congrats! He's such a handsome guy! :)
I knew it was close, but I didn't realize that our baby boys were born on the same day! How fun! The can be Earth Day buddies! :) Also, I'm so glad things worked out nicely with Michael's bishop schedule. It did for us, too, though I was worried that it wouldn't. Bishops are crazy busy -- especially on Sundays! Hope all is well at your house!
Post a Comment