Tuesday, July 1, 2008
The MTC - Years Later
Ten years ago, July 1st 1998, also a Wednesday, I entered into the Missionary Training Center (MTC). I was supposed to go to the Argentina Rosario Mission, and I eventually did, but I also went to two other missions. I first went to New York Utica Mission with President Evans. I actually flew out there on September 11th, three years before that day in 2001. Then I went to the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission with President Hall. Finally I made it to the Argentina Rosario Mission with President Ontiveros around November 3rd or 4th. The next year, 1999, President Pino took over. President Pino was just sustained as a member of the First Quorum of the Seventy in the April 2008 General Conference. So that is it. Because we entered in the MTC on July 1st, and the 4th of July was only a couple days later, the MTC let us stay up past the bedtime and watch the fireworks from the Stadium of Fire at BYU. The mission was a good time. It's a little bit weird that it has now been 10 years, and I guess that a lot has happened since that time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow only 10 years since your mission, you are young...The kids, well ok...and me, like to tease Eric that he graduated from High School 16 years ago. Time does fly.
Post a Comment