Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Reviews Are In

Last weekend was full of many hours spent being entertained by the big screen or a television screen unfortunately. Last Wednesday we were able to pick up the first season of Chip's on DVD. This is high quality television and as good as I remembered it as a child.
















On Saturday we made arrangements to see Mamma Mia with my mom. I gave Michael several chances to back out but he ended up coming... and regretting it. I loved it and gave it two thumbs up. I think Michael didn't not think of it so highly. (Girls, leave the boys at home.) Thanks to Michael for being a good sport and going with us.

Last but not at all least, we finally finished the John Adams HBO series... we were addicted. My mom bought the DVDs and recommended that we watch them. For those of you that don't know about this series it is based on the David McCullough book on John Adams. (I highly recommend the book, it was amazing.) HBO did a great job with this series but be sure to have a box of tissues for the last disc. I still can't believe what our founding fathers sacrificed for this country and the miracle of not only our independence but that the states ever united. It is humbling to have the opportunity to live in this great country. If you have the chance, read the book and watch this series.

"You cannot be, I know, nor do I wish to see you, an inactive spectator... We have too many high sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them." -Abigail Adams

3 comments:

Hilary said...

I loved John Adams! I don't know how I feel about CHIPS but Mama Mia was a blast. Hope you had a great 24th!

Lindsay said...

Oooh, John Adams...what a fantastic movie! Blake and I got totally sucked in. I'm glad you guys liked it, too!

Lirpa said...

I love Chips! I had a crush on Ponch. I think that was his name. He he.