This year we headed down to San Diego, CA to celebrate the birth of our nation. What says Happy Birthday USA more than a Morris family BBQ, the beach, fireworks and flying marshmallows.
Wed, July 2nd - We flew from SLC to San Diego. Arrived at about 6:30 and went out to a great Mexican restaurant. Returned home and caught up.
Thurs, July 3rd - Michael and I dropped Nicomi off at work so we could take her car to the beach. Not a fair trade off I know but we were willing to sacrifice for her. Apparently we ended up at the beach where the man was attacked and killed by the great white shark earlier this year. Don't worry, it was an overcast day so didn't go out too far in the water. We did however have a sink in the sand competition and I won! I was almost down to my knees (okay maybe my mid-calf). This was also the day I received the best hair cut on the planet. (This hair cut is probably the reason I will be America's next top model.) Nicomi fit me into her busy schedule for the day and shaped me up really nicely.
Fri, July 4th - We went grocery shopping and quickly headed home so Michael could make some of his world famous cookies for the BBQ. Then we headed over to the pool to cool off and mess around for a couple of hours. Then it was time to head over to the Morris house to start the BBQ. Grandma and Grandpa Pascoe both came over and it was so great to see them again. It was a really fun time. Then it was time to head down to OB (Ocean Beach) to watch the fireworks off the pier. I love as the surfers all come filing in to swim out and watch the fireworks on the water. I love the fireworks show, they have gotten really good. Most of all I love the no exception marshmallow fight that starts immediately after the fireworks end. This year was awesome!
Sat, July 5th - Michael and I headed off to the beach to play. (Nicomi wasn't feeling well and her friends had other errands to run.) OB was the closest beach but it was marshmallowy and I have to admit that I have an un-dieing love for Coronado. We headed out and had a great time. We did get in the water even though it was prone to rip tides that day. We even made our sand castle in the sand. It was a fun and relaxing afternoon.
Sun, July 6th - The last day we it was time to pack everything up so we tried to pack everything in. We went to church at the Point Loma something ward. We then headed home so Michael could make some more of his cookies and could make my Chicken Cordon Blue for the Morris family Sunday picknic. They always hold them at Shelter Island and that was all right by me. We ate, talked and played.
All in all it was another great 4th of July and I wouldn't have had it any other way.
1 comment:
I am so jealous! I love San Diego, Coronado, the beach, the 4th, fireworks and I've never had one but I bet I'd like marshmallow fights too.
Post a Comment