Wednesday, January 21, 2009

A New Year, A New You (Me)!

Okay so we have been in this New Year for a couple of weeks now and I have decided it's time to come up with my goals for the New Year. You would think having worked for the FC (Quintessential Time Management Company) I would have had this taken care of by now... not the case.

Here goes, but keep in mind I'm one of those people who likes to write down a task I have already completed because really I want to cross it off the list.

1. I have decided to GO GREEN!
2. I will find ways to enrich my life with Knowledge.
3. I will start a new and healthier lifestyle.
4. I will challenge myself.

I don’t want to get too carried away so I think those are my WIG’s (Wildly Important Goals) for this year. Now I will tell you why I have picked these goals.

1. Going GREEN - because I don’t want to pay for a U of U parking pass or fight with fellow students for parking spots. Last week we only used our car twice during the week… so don’t blame this horrible smog on us.
2. More Knowledge – I have started back to school so this goal is even more of a given.
3. Health – Of course I will have to be somewhat healthier walking around everywhere I go… especially up the steep hill of Main Street everyday!
4. Challenging – I have taken an internship and I have no idea what I am doing!

I might have to do some additional activities to make these goals but I feel I am well on my way.

2 comments:

Globe Trecker said...

Great post, Kim! I hope school is going well. It sounds like a fun new adventure. Seriously, good for you:)

Unknown said...

KIM

I really enjoyed this post. As a former English teacher, I admire your ability to actually draw a vivid word picture in our minds. There were some wonderful turns to several phrases that could have been hackneyed cliches, but you just made them fresh! I especially liked how you ended your observation. You go, girl!!