Sunday, April 26, 2009

One Year Down!

Last Saturday was our one year wedding anniversary. I guess that makes it one year down, 65 or so to go. This year has gone by so quickly and I've heard it only gets faster. I guess I will give a quick wrap up of all of our first year adventures (This list will be long so feel free to skip the words and just enjoy the pictures):
  • We were married on April 18th in the Salt Lake Temple at one o'clock in the afternoon. My former roommate Nicomi had come to stay and fixed my hair. I think she wanted to cry (or kill me) as she saw me run down Main St to help people from cars into the temple.
  • Our wedding day was beautiful! It had been snowing all week but stopped and produced a clear perfect day for us. (It promptly started snowing again the days following the wedding.)
  • We held our reception at This is the Place historical park. Because the night was so nice it brought out a lot of people that might have otherwise stayed home if it had been snowing. It was so fun to be able to visit with so many of our friends and family.
  • That night we stayed at the Little America and then headed off to Lake Tahoe. (We actually stopped in Reno over night and then up to Lake Tahoe.) In Lake Tahoe our room overlooked the lake. We spent time hiking and went for several drives. After a couple of days we headed down to CA to Clear Lake. We spent some time driving along the cost and through the Redwoods. After Clear Lake we headed over to Sacramento for our CA reception.
  • Once we had returned from our honeymoon our first fight had to do with a little apartment and too many belongings. I must admit this was the cause of quite a lot of contention. This first hurdle was crossed when we purchased a dresser and moved some of our extra stuff into my brothers basement.
  • In May we attended Dave Ramsey live with some of my family members to try and sort out our finances... which we are still working on. We also headed down to the Canyonlands to do some hiking with our friends the Pacheco's.

  • In June I left Michael home alone and headed out with the girls for our annual canoe trip down the Green river. Then I met back up with Michael and we headed down to CA for the Kiesig family reunion in Monterrey Bay.

  • In July we were once again in CA for our annual 4th of July marshmallow fight at Ocean Beach. We also spent a lot of time swimming at our pool and playing with our friends.

  • In August Michael was transferred to Seattle WA for a month. Before I left to join Michael in Seattle, Nicomi came into town and had her first experience of shooting the tube. Then it was off to Seattle to a whole different state of adventures. (More detail here).

  • Mid-September we returned from the great land of WA and settled back into our quite SLC apartment. After settling back in I headed out again to PA for a work meeting. It was a really great time with all of my co-workers.
  • October was a low key month as Michael buckled down and studied for his PE exam. We did manage to squeeze in some fun with family and friends. We went to the Real soccer game, Madame Butterfly the Opera, and of course Warren Miller to gear up for winter.

  • November always brings the great pumpkin explosion and this year did not disappoint. We headed down to St George with family and then to Las Vegas to finally see a friends baby (who was then almost 6 months old).
  • December was our first (& only) snowboarding trip for the season... and there were no injuries. I was able to go see Neil in concert. There were a lot of family and friend get togethers. Christmas day we flew to California to visit Michael's family. We also managed to get into San Fransisco for a couple of nights.

  • New Years was spent with Michael's dad playing games. Then in January I ended my employment with FranklinCovey (the FC) and started back as a full-time student at the U. We were also able to go up to the Draper temple open house.

  • February was spent trying to stay warm. It was also our celebration of Michael's 30th birthday. One of our favorite activities was playing board games with our friends. We also kind of started looking for houses.
  • In March we planted our garden (Michael is a Sacramento gardener, not a Utah gardener). We named our garden the Adam's Garden of Eatin'. We also headed out with the Pacheco's on a very eventful trip to San Diego and then on a Carnival Cruise to Ensenada Mexico.
  • This month we have kept ourselves busy with family visits, house hunting and I have had a lot of homework. Last weekend to celebrate our anniversary we headed up to Park City. It was a nice way to relax and think back over our first year together.
    It has been a whirlwind but a lot of fun. I am so glad I have had Michael to share this year with and can't wait to see what else comes our way. I know that the years to come won't always be this easy but I know it isn't as scary knowing I will always have my best friend by my side. I love you Michael thanks for a perfect first year!

6 comments:

Psyche said...

Congratulations!! It sounds like you've had a wonderful year with many more to come.

I didn't know you guys were into Dave Ramsey - I've been following his plan for just over 5 years, and let me encourage you, it is worth it! If you have the opportunity, you may consider following up the live event with Financial Peace University if there are any near you.

Congratulations again!

- Ashley A. from FC

Sherri H. Hoffman said...

Congrats! Always good to make it through the first year and still like each other. :-)

May many more fabulous years of joy follow this one.

Sherri

Lindsay said...

Happy anniversary!

Nicomi said...

this makes me happy! i am happy that you guys didn't strangle each other the first year... i am glad michael gets to see you when you have pent up energy! many many years of happiness!

anoyce said...

You guys do so much stuff! Thanks for fitting us in to your busy schedules!!

PaA-Lito said...

What a wonderful year! I'm so happy for both of you!