Thursday, October 22, 2009

Apparently What Happens in Vegas...

We are sorry it has been so long since our last real life update. We are here and finally moved in to our new temporary Vegas life... somewhat. As Michael posted awhile ago, we were able to find an apartment but it smelled horribly of smoke. The day we were supposed to move in I had to go over and wait for the gas to be turned on and our furniture to be delivered. As I waited I became sicker and sicker. After spending the first 3 months of the pregnancy vomiting multiple times daily I was not excited about this new development. I had talked to the office several times about the smell but they said it just smelled like cleaner. Michael went over to talk to them once again and they agreed to let us check out a different apartment. It had no strange smells and we took it. Michael spent the morning helping me move all of our stuff to the new apartment. Then we had to contact the gas company and the furniture store to get them our new apartment number. Everything worked out with perfect timing.

We are mostly moved in but didn't realize how much stuff we need still. Several things we have had to pick up along the way with others being delivered by friends and family coming down to visit. We will also be heading back to SLC in a couple of weeks and plan to pick up some other essentials then. I never realized how much I liked my real utensils over plastic wear. Other than that we are here and moved in. We would also like to remind everyone that we do have a two bedroom/two bathroom apartment... plenty of room for guests.

Speaking of guests, we have already had several visits. The first weekend we were here our friends Analee and Jose came to visit. We actually can't really count them as our guest since we didn't have furniture yet and we all had to stay at the Whitney's but we had fun with them anyhow. We were able to head over to the Hoover Dam and have a Dam good time. Since Chris, Alison, Analee and I all served a mission together we met up with Laura Child's, who also served with us, and families for dinner that night. It is always good to get together with mission friends and catch up. Then we spent the rest of the weekend hanging out and watching Conference. It was a great weekend!

The next weekend happened to be Kenneth's fall break so Michael sister Amy and her husband Kenneth and cute little Danny came for a visit. A visit from Kenneth means a weekend full of rock climbing and apparently Vegas is the perfect place for it (during the winter). They actually stayed through Wed and we had a great time with them. Our time was filled with rock climbing, a trip to see the Dam, watching UNLV get run over by BYU and lets not forget watching the Biggest Loser. (How is Tracy still on that show, she really needs to go.) We now have a year pass to Red Rocks that has tons of fun hiking... another reason to visit.


Last weekend we were able to meet my mom up in St George. We had purchased tickets to see The Complete Works of Shakespeare at the Shakespearean festival. My mom and I had seen it up in Jackson a couple of years back and loved it. We laughed so hard once again, it did not disappoint. We had a great time with my mom and I was glad to see her. We even got in some great games of Sequence and Mexican Train (Michael was the big loser as he didn't even win once). This is also where we found out that Michael screams (or tries to scream) in his sleep as well. The poor Kid that is joining our family.

Those are the big weekend updates. Michael is working hard on the I-15 project at work. I am working hard at not getting sick. I am doing much better and can actually eat food again, in moderation. My food revisits have been cut down to 1 to 3 times a week... and I'll take it. We had our first doctor's appointment down here last Monday. He came highly recommended and I would have to add my full endorsement. I am thinking about having Michael transferred down here for all pregnancies. Everything seems to be going great so far and I am even back up 4 pounds, yippee! The belly is getting thicker daily, even though I am still fitting into my skinny clothes. I think that's it for updates.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

lol..."Dam Engineers"

Good to catch up with you!
Sis. G

PaA-Lito said...

I'm glad you got a new Apt. I remember Mel Stongman, a friend of my Dad's. We would visit from time to time but I couldn't stand to enter his house, no matter how cold it was outside. He and his wife were chain smokers. I guess that was where I got my sensitivity to cig smoke. It really messes up a house.

Great pictures...the whole ... lot of them!

anoyce said...

Those are some nice dam photos!