Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Scream in the Night


Owing to my over active imagination I have never been a fan of scary movies. I was allowed to watch them but could never sleep for weeks after so I just avoided them. Two nights ago we watched The Interpreter with Michael's sister Amy and her husband Kenneth. I have seen this movie before and would classify it as intense but not scary (although there is a scene I won't watch because it always makes me jump). At the conclusion of the movie I was fine and slept through the night. Last night on the other hand was quite a different story. We went to bed and at one o'clock in the morning Michael and I were woken up by a horrible blood curdling scream... coming from my mouth. I would like to say this was the first time I have ever done this but unfortunately many have fallen victim to this terrifying awakening. Normally we all just laugh and go back to sleep. Last night we laughed but then could not sleep. I'm not sure if it was the wind rustling the blinds or what but it was a good hour before Michael was able to sleep and then at least 45 min after that before I was able to go back to sleep. What is the cure for this strange middle of the night phenomenon, I don't know but I had better find it quick. Can you even imagine the fear of the dark I will pass on to The Kid if he wakes up to his mother screaming like that. All I can say is poor Kid and poor Michael that had to go to work sleep deprived today.

On the other hand this Interpreter is pretty good.

1 comment:

kdp said...

Maybe "The Kid" already has ears and is getting used to your screaming already. =)
Hugs!