Friday, April 2, 2010

Lil' Jonathan Arrives!


Continuing from yesterday:
14:45 - Pain came back. More drugs given.

15:00 - The delivery table was prepared. Now at about 10 cm, or just less than it.

15:45 - Still close.

16:25 - Pain returning again. More drugs given.

16:33 - Dr. Pack came in and said that pushing was going to commence.

16:45 - Pushing began with Nurse Angela teaching us (yes, us - mostly Kim, but me also) what to do. During this whole time Dr. Pack would pop in to see how things were going, but he did have someone else that we was working with also. He had to do a C-section with that other.
About 18:00 - Dr. Pack comes in and stays. Says that Kim is very close and says that The Kid is stuck against the pelvis. Dr. Pack assured Kim that he does not believe in women pushing for so long and told us that he was going to make this end within the next push or two. He pulled out his forceps (salad tongs) and directed (not pulled) Jonathan's head past the point of difficulty. Good to he promise...
18:11 - Jonathan Michael Adams is born!
QUICK FACTS
Date Born: April Fools Day 2010, April 1st
Time Born: 18:11, or 6:11 PM
Weight: 8lb 5oz
Length: 19.75 in
Eyes: Bluish gray and he enjoys looking around.
Ears: Passed his hearing test this morning.
Fingers and Toes: 10 of each, 5 digits on each extremity.
Bellybutton: Yes

And this is our first family photograph.

14 comments:

danniellespackman said...

Congratulations!!! He is beautiful!! Enjoy every second!

tjneumann said...

Yay! It was real! I'll admit- I was a bit skeptical- but it's quite perfect he was born on AF Day! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! I love that squished newborn face. :) Good job, Kim! (And Michael, too -- we women have the hardest part, but you husbands don't have so easy either, I know.)

gina bina said...

Congrats!!!

Mel said...

Yay! Congrats Kimmie! He's adorable. I'm so super happy for you guys.

Tysen and Stacie Barker said...

Congrats!!!

kylem said...

Congratulations!

Catherine said...

How wonderful he's finally here! He looks a lot like his daddy. We're a little partial to the name Jonathan ourselves since we have one. ;) Solid name, bound to be smart and determined (and also a little crazy if he's anything like our Jonny!)

Becca said...

Congratulations!! We missed you guys out here. It was good to see most everyone else. Enjoy your little man. He's a handsome little guy.

PaA-Lito said...

Finally! Jayne said he has the Adams's nose. I say, it's a good thing he has that belly button!

You all look great!

Margot said...

Congrats!

Globe Trecker said...

Congratulations to you both! Looking forward to many more pictures of this cute little guy.

anoyce said...

Hey I'm in bear lake but Kenneth just read your post to me over the phone. I'm glad that John is Okay and that his head isn't too deformed after the forcept guidance (Kenneth had a huge blood blister on his head from the forcepts). Since Kenneth read this to me over the phone I have not yet seen the pictures but I am excited to see them when I get home on Friday.

James and Monica said...

congrats!!