Sunday, August 1, 2010

Garage Salers


I have stopped by garage sales before but I have never been what you would call a garage saler. Today is Jonathan's 4 month birthday and that means he will start on rice cereal and juice next week. That means he needs a place to sit and we needed to find a Bumbo quick. They are kind of expensive and so I decided we would hit garage sales on the hunt. I looked up garage sales online and mapped out a plan. I picked houses that mentioned baby things in their advertising and plotted our course. We got up early and headed out. We drove past the first house without stopping, clearly false advertising. The next house we found some dollar picture frames... nice. Next was a multi house baby sale. We arrived and split up to find the Bumbo. After looking around we met in the middle just in time to spot it. We walked over towards it just in time for another garage saler to express interest. Being that we are not experienced garage salers we waited while this other garage saler was convinced to purchase what we had come on the look for. The rest of the houses had nothing and we went home empty handed. (We did get some great clothes at the multi house sale.) We might have to try it again sometime.

1 comment:

Becca said...

I would suggest a booster seat instead of a Bumbo. Something like this: http://www.target.com/Fisher-Price-Healthy-Care-Booster/dp/B000WU3DVG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&searchView=grid5&keywords=booster&fromGsearch=true&sr=1-5&qid=1280773010&rh=&searchRank=target104545&id=Fisher-Price%20Healthy%20Care%20Booster&node=1038576|1287991011&searchSize=30&searchPage=1&searchNodeID=1038576|1287991011&searchBinNameList=subjectbin%2Cprice%2Ctarget_com_primary_color-bin%2Ctarget_com_size-bin%2Ctarget_com_brand-bin&frombrowse=0

It works for sitting them on the table when you start feeding them (or that's what we did) and then can strap to a regular chair when they're ready to eat with you. It doesn't take up extra space like a high chair, either. And some of them are portable, so you can take it with you to a restaurant.