Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here's the update

I was doing really well on keeping this blog up to date and then the winds changed blew through our household and time has gotten away from us. Here is our whirlwind update:

Michael and I just bought tickets to fly down to San Diego for the 4th of July weekend. This will be our second annual 4th of July trip down there. We plan on watching fireworks off the OB (Ocean Beach) pier and then participating in the marshmallow fight that follows. I know it sounds crazy but it is so much fun! We have learned that we will need to transport marshmallows from SLC as all of the stores in the OB area sell out. No one is safe and everyone must play... those are the only rules that night on the beach. Thanks Nicomi for always letting us come and party!
This weekend we will be headed down to the Sacramento area to party with the extended Adam's family. I am so excited to get to know Uncle Fester. We will be leaving tomorrow after work and driving straight through to CA. I'm sure it will be great to get to know all of my new relatives better.

I have just returned from my 4th annual canoe trip with my friends. More info to come on this... I need to steal the pictures from Alyssa first. (And yes, Michael survived his weekend alone.)

One of the most exciting bits of news was when I found out that my friends Chris and Alison were getting a baby boy. They started the adoption process awhile back and got the news of the adoption on the 5th. They were given one week to prepare but baby Mark was born on Friday the 13th and is now home with his mom and dad... I will be the Aunt Kim he never had!


I was also able to go and listen to my co-worker (and friend's) band. They were playing at the SLC library. They were so great but I just wish I could remember the name of the band. I will have to add an update when I remember. (Sorry about the quality of the picture, it was taken with my phone.)

Last but not least, my twin nieces came over for a visit. We fed them their dinner and quickly realized we would need to vacate the premises. (Our apartment is not 3 year old proof.) We headed down to Temple Square to give them room to move and play. Then we ran to catch the train (or TRAX as some of you less romantic types might call it). In route to the train Sophie "fell" (as I was making her run faster than her little legs could move) and skinned her knee. We cleaned her off and she was good as new. We made it to the Gateway just as the Planetarium closed. We grabbed the train back, walked up the steep hill and they were done with their baths just as their parents got here. We had a lot of fun!









2 comments:

Lirpa said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I totally spaced that the 4th of July is coming. Ha ha. Time is flying by too fast this summer! Have fun on your trips!

JRO said...

Kim what a great update...if I didn't see you at work I would have thought that you had given up on blogging. Welcome back to the blogging scene!

Jimmy