What is the most expensive article of clothing you own? Think hard about it. What is the one thing you would run back into the burning house to save? (Don't worry, I don't have any clothes worth that risk.) Yesterday Michael and I were hanging pictures in our bedroom. We have decided to re-sign our lease for another year and it was about time to make our walls pretty. We hung up my Monet, my bridge picture from Brugge, and our wedding pictures. That's when I remembered the most expensive thing I have in my closet. I judge my clothes by how much they cost every time I wear them. I like to get things down to less than 50 cents to feel like they were a good bargain, but most of the time it is less than a penny by the time I give things up. Here's how it works: If I buy a coat that costs $60, the first time I put it on it costs me $60 per wear. The second time I put it on it costs me $30 per wear. The third time it costs me $20 per wear and so on and so forth. My wedding dress is nowhere near my standard of 50 Cents (I would be happy for $50 dollars at this point). So today I am home from work and sitting here eating my sweet peas from the farmers market in my wedding dress. I figure if I do this for the rest of my life maybe I will be able to consider this dress a sweet deal. (I really hope to sell it before then so if any of you have any tips let me know.)
8 comments:
Did you nearly pass out again after you "sat" around in your dress? Or is that why you're kind of slumped down in your chair? To allow air to flow freely...
You are ridiculous.
Wow Kim...that isn't a bad idea! I'm taking bridal pictures again with my friend Megan...does that help make my dress worth it? I must say I do like your idea better!
Those pictures cracked me up. You are so funny...
I love it! You should wear it to church a couple of times...? Its so pretty!
That is why I rented my dress...plus I have no cares or worries of having to fit into it again! Yeah, like that is eva' gunna happen :)
The best part of this is that you were sitting there like this is a completely normal thing! I am just surprised that you didnt climb onto a chair and dance some energy out! I am glad that you can put it on at random times... i hope that you feel like the pretty princess you are!
THAT IS AWESOME!!! Seriously, best idea i've heard so far to get your money's worth out of your dress.
Post a Comment