AKA: The Reunion. This past weekend we packed up the car and headed to Monterey Bay for the Kiesig Family Reunion. When I say packed the car I mean with people as well as stuff... we were the circus car minus the three rings. Michael and I travelled the 13 some odd hours with his sisters Alisha & Amy plus Amy's husband Kenneth. It was a tight fit.
We pulled out Thursday afternoon at about 4:30pm to drive to Sacramento for the night. We pulled into Michael's dad's house at about 1:30am (2:30am Utah time) to catch some much needed shut eye. We woke up got ready and were off again by 11:00am. We had some shopping to do on the way down to Monterey Bay. (It was the Big Banana Republic sale and I couldn't miss that, even though I didn't get anything there. I was able to pick up a new $9 skirt and $15 shorts at Eddie Bauer so the shopping wasn't fruitless.) We continued on to our home away from home for the next two nights. When we arrived we quickly set up camp (and just as quickly my allergies set up camp) so we could head down to the beach. We donned our swimwear and headed out. The water was kelpy but the guys didn't let that stop them. We played around until it was time to eat and then we all headed back up to meet and mingle with the extended fam. That night there was a fun family program. Our tent was the party tent the first night so everyone joined us to play games.
It was a whirl wind trip but I'm glad we made it. It was nice to get to know Michael's family better. They are the group that helped to shape and form Michael into the man he is today and it was nice to be able to spend time with them. Thanks for such a fun reunion, even if I was the sickly family member.
2 comments:
Sounds like you had fun, minus the allergies and whatever was in the food at Jack in the Box! It's nice to get to know family better. :)
Sounds like you had a good time with the family. Sucky allergies though. Yuck!
Post a Comment