Our friends Alison and Chris lent us the movie Up to watch. We have wanted to see it for awhile but just haven't gotten around to renting it. Last night for FHE we decided to pop it in and have a relaxing movie night. I knew there was some sadness but I'm not one to cry at movies so I wasn't worried. Everything was going great until I looked at Michael and said, "I'm going to cry and you can't make fun of me." This was in the first 10 or so minutes of the movie starting. I sobbed through the rest of the movie. I think Michael started to cry out of sympathy for me. It was a pathetic site to see. I'm not sure if I liked the movie or not, the jury is still out. I am pretty sure I will need to see it again when my body is not overrun with hormones before I can give my final verdict. This movie has been put on my list of movies to see ONLY when not pregnant.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Movies in Review
Our friends Alison and Chris lent us the movie Up to watch. We have wanted to see it for awhile but just haven't gotten around to renting it. Last night for FHE we decided to pop it in and have a relaxing movie night. I knew there was some sadness but I'm not one to cry at movies so I wasn't worried. Everything was going great until I looked at Michael and said, "I'm going to cry and you can't make fun of me." This was in the first 10 or so minutes of the movie starting. I sobbed through the rest of the movie. I think Michael started to cry out of sympathy for me. It was a pathetic site to see. I'm not sure if I liked the movie or not, the jury is still out. I am pretty sure I will need to see it again when my body is not overrun with hormones before I can give my final verdict. This movie has been put on my list of movies to see ONLY when not pregnant.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I pretty much bawled through that whole movie, and I'm not pregnant. I love that you "warn" Michael when you're about to cry.
I cried, too, through most of this movie (those first 10 minutes were killer!) -- and I can't even blame pregnancy. Though, I think I can claim motherhood in general for making me weepy and sentimental at times I never did before. Pregnancy did a number on my hormones both during and after. (Crazy hormones..mumblemumblemumble...)
I teared up! It was kind of sad but then I got a good message out of it. You are so cute--warning Michael you're going to cry! I'm sure he was great about it:)
That is hilarious! I still haven't seen it. I guess I'll have to ask Michael if it is recommended...
I love this movie! Dave and I went and saw it in 3D when it came out. Dave was so excited for it to come out on DVD that we went to Wal-Mart @ 8:00 a.m. the day it was released.
Post a Comment