Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Life is about to change


Today my mom is leaving for China.  My mom is a world traveler so this probably isn't too shocking to those who know her.  The shocking part and the part I can't quite get a handle on is the fact she will be going for two to three years.  I knew something like this was coming since she has always wanted to serve a mission for our church in her retirement years.  Then last year she said she couldn't quite retire so she was going to China to teach English for a year or two.  Now it has somehow turned into her starting a school teaching English and a long start up process of two to three years.  I guess the part that is hard is everything is happening much sooner than I thought it would.  I thought my kids would be much older if Michael was going to be in the bishopric and my mom was serving a mission.  We will be fine here without her but we will miss her more than I can think about right now.  Jonathan has become quite attached to his Mamom and asks for her daily.  The good news for our blog readers is we will have to update a lot more to keep my mom in the loop of our crazy lives.  Now comes a long hard day of good-bye... this too shall pass.

1 comment:

Mel said...

Oh my goodness! I'm sure I would feel the same way about my mom leaving for 2-3 years. Definitely a hard day! Tell your momma good luck from me. :)