Tuesday, June 26, 2012

The Stats on Aaron

Poor Aaron is sometimes treated like a second child... oh wait.  We went to the doctor for his two month check up yesterday and despite getting neglected by his parents he is thriving.  Here are his stats.

Weight 13.13 lbs - 80%
Length 24.5 in - 92%
Head 15.7 in - 47%
He has to have his arms in but because of the cooler weather wanted his legs out I guess.
If you haven't noticed, he looks almost exactly like his older brother Jonathan.  In fact, Michael has admitted that sometimes it is hard to think of him as his own person and not just Jonathan time warped back to being a baby.  I like to play which kid is this with Michael.  I show him a picture from my cell phone and he has to guess if it is Jonathan or Aaron.  He gets it right when there is something in the background to help give it away.  (I will post pictures so you can also play at home.)

Aaron has been such a good baby.  He really likes to be held but I think that is because he knows he is safe from his crazy brother if an adult is holding him.  He ends up crying a bit more than we ever let Jonathan cry because there are times when it is impossible to hold him.  Even with that being said he is a pretty calm baby.  As you can see from his stats he is a big kid.  This is beneficial for one main reason... he is now sleeping through the night.  I feed him at 10pm and he has been waking up around 8:30 or 9am.  The fact that he has been a good sleeper from the start has probably saved all of our lives.  He is also what his doctor calls, "a proficient eater."  He is quick!!!  This has been really nice.  At first I was worried that he wasn't getting enough food but with the way he is growing I don't think we have anything to worry about.  The second benefit of having a bigger baby is killer arm muscles.  Hauling around a 13 lbs baby in a 15 lbs car seat will do wonders for the arms. 

Here are some other things I've noticed about Aaron.
  • He doesn't mind getting burped.  (We are not used to this at our house.)
  • He loves his older brother and seems to have a lot of smiles for him.
  • He loves to watch the ceiling fan.
  • He hates his car seat.
  • He loves being outside.
  • We love to talk together on the bed.
  • He loves sleeping on his stomach.  (This makes me so nervous that I only let him sleep that way during nap time when I can check on him ever couple of min.)
I really do feel like a bad mom most of the time with him.  Everyone has said that is one of the hardest parts about having another child, your time is now divided.  I will never have as much time for Aaron as I did for Jonathan.  It's kind of hard fact to accept.  I just do my best and hope everything will turn out okay.  I guess this set up has been working for millions of years and will continue to work long after I stop worrying about it. 

I love my little family and would never ask for anything to be different!

No comments: