Friday, June 29, 2012

Three to Four

And he's off!!!  (Chasing Jonathan is how we spend most of our day.)
Finally, an okay family picture!
I knew that going from three in our family to four would not be easy.  When Jonathan was born I had no problem at all going from two to three.  I had been sick my whole pregnancy so when he was finally born I was feeling 100% better.  I was down 35 lbs from pre-pregnancy, I was sleeping again ,and most important I was eating again.  I felt I had been given my life back.  It was not a hard adjustment at all.  My friends had warned me about the baby blues but I never did experience much. 

When Aaron was born there were times when I felt my world explode.  When Jonathan would start his two year old fits (like he's so good at) and Aaron would join in crying, I would just cave and add my tears to theirs.  I couldn't figure out why I thought having more kids was a good idea for me.  I finally figured out I needed a routine to keep us all alive.  (A very flexable routine.)  My routine consisted of my needing to have a shower every morning.  If I was able to shower before the boys woke up then I was also able to keep the tears at bay.  So I sacrificed much needed sleep for a shower and life quickly became better.  I guess it really is the small things that matter.  (By taking a shower in the morning I was also able to sneak in a nap or two in the afternoon.)  Life at our house is still crazy most days but we love it and I wouldn't have it any other way.

The most important men in my life!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I hear ya. It took me six months to feel like I'd successfully transitioned from 3 to 4. Going from 4 to 5 is in some ways easier and other ways much more challenging (and by challenging, I usually mean exhausting). Hang in there -- you'll be a pro in no time.

PaA-Lito said...

Thanks for letting me take that family photo in front of the house and thanks for letting us visit (occasionally). Yes, I have finally found your blog again and now have it on my favorites bar of our new computer. I can see you definitely have a handful. Thinking of you always.