Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wednesdays are the Worst!

Jonathan on his balance bike.
Okay, no day is as bad as Sundays are right now but Wednesdays run a close second.  My friend's son will ask her what day it is every day.  She finally asked him what day he wanted it to be.  His reply was any day but Sunday.  Can I get an Amen to that!!!  It seems like every Sunday is a bad Sunday.  My mom taught me her trick -- she would take all of our temperatures to see if, by some chance, one of us could be sick and we could stay home.  We were a church-going family so without a valid excuse to stay home we went to church each and every Sunday, even though it was a day of tears... mostly my mom's.  She was a single mother of four ages 4 and under so I guess I really can't complain too much about my situation.  She also taught me the trick of raising a church-going family and that is going to church every week... unless someone happened to be sick.  I guess we will continue going to church.

As for Wednesdays, they are hit or miss and yesterday was a huge miss.  Jonathan was perfecting his terrible twos and I had misplaced my patience.  I thought if we could just make it to nap time we would all survive, not the case at all.  When Michael finally made it home I checked out.  I had a total of 60 minutes to regroup before Michael left for his bishopric meeting.  After Jonathan and I had cleaned up dinner and put Aaron down for a nap we decided to head outside to ride his balance bike up and down the street.  We couldn't go very far since we needed to be close enough to listen for Aaron but that didn't stop us from having a great time.  After over an hour or so we came back inside, read books and then off to bed.  (He didn't go to sleep for an hour after going to bed but he was in his room so I was happy.)  We made it through another Wednesday, only 200 or so to go... crossing my fingers.

Aaron, just because he seems to be forgotten sometimes.

I'm grateful for...
  • Jonathan's balance bike.
  • The great neighbors we passed and passed and passed all night long.
  • A baby that always seems to know the right time to sleep.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Amen! (Only Blake's at the church on Tuesdays, so next to Sunday, Tuesday is the worst day for us.) It's hard. But I think it's even harder when we stay home for sickness -- they're always sick enough to stay home, but well enough to be wild and crazy -- and exhausting! It's a catch 22. :/

Megan said...

Amen from me too! I'm sorry, wish I knew a way to make it better for both of us!

PaA-Lito said...

I love how you make me laugh!

The Adams Family said...

Lindsay, Jonathan is crazy when he's sick but at least our ward doesn't have to witness the crazy. I feel like the chaos is contained a little. That boy has three speeds, fast, faster and dead stopped. I'm sure you know just what I'm talking about.

Megan, Unfortunately misery love company. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

Pa-A, My mom laughs at me too.