Sunday, May 18, 2008

Mo Tab Live


I realize I have become my mother in so many ways. One of those character traits that she passed down is my love of good music. We grew up listening to classical music or good opera music on Saturday morning. She also loves the Mo Tab (Mormon Tabernacle Choir). Many of you know Music and the Spoken Word with the Mo Tab is broadcast every Sunday morning. I have been unable to attend for about the last 4 years because our church meetings ran right over the top of their timeframe. That era is over and with my new address comes a new church meeting schedule. While I don’t particularly like the new schedule, I do like that I can now attend Music and the Spoken Word live and in person whenever I feel like it. It also helps that Michael and I live about a block away from the tabernacle where they sing. This morning Michael and I got up and ready and headed down. It was a packed house and the music was amazing! It was a folk theme day, including the song Down to the River to Pray, and they did not disappoint. I would really love to have them sing at my funeral someday but alas I am not that important. So for now I will just take the 2 min walk down to Temple Square on Sunday morning and enjoy the beautiful music while I am still alive. For those of you who have not heard the Mo Tab in awhile (like all my friends from my last church congregation) or ever at all I have a short snippet. Enjoy!!!

Check out the kids hair right in front of the camera... sweet!

No comments: