This was the first time that Kim had seen the President's motorcade drive by--I had seen it last time President Bush was here in 2006. There were two limos, and few more Suburbans, a bunch of cops, an ambulance, flashing lights everywhere, and even more giant guns-a-blazing without the blazing) held by big, burly security guys. This is a time when you want to make sure that you do not make any sudden moves--especially if you make it look like you are throwing something in the general direction of the motorcade. You may not even finish your actions before feeling the seering of hot lead in your flesh.
The motorcade came from the airport, down I-80, got off on 600 South, went up 300 West, across on North Temple and pulled into the parking garage entrance at North Temple and Main St. Church employees could have gone into work, but I was told that they were also invited to just stay home that morning.
The helicoptor flew overhead, scouting out any mysterious and shady characters...I guess they didn't see me...and the secret service guy nearby didn't stop me. But the secret service guy did ask to see some sort of media clearance for the guy setting up his big camera.
I also watched Air Force One take off from the airport while I was at the office. Look closely--really it's there--just above the tree line, but not over the mountains yet. It's the only thing that looks like a plane.
2 comments:
Wow, that's quite the motorcade! I love your video of it with the temple in the background.
What a ridiculous amount of people. But afterall, I guess it IS the President of these United States.
My coworker's husband is a Park City cop and got to provide security at Mitt's soiree. Nifty!
Post a Comment