Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor Day Weekend on the San Juan Islands!

Friday, 29 August 2008, we left at about 3:30 for our trip to the San Juan Islands. We knew that it was late and that we might not make it to the ferry on time, but we just left and figured that whenever we could leave on the ferry, we would leave on the ferry. To our surprise, we pulled up to the harbor in Anacortes at 5:30 PM. The ferry was to depart at 5:35, but it was late and was about to pull into the harbor in about 5 minutes. Although this was Labor Day weekend, there were not many people due to recent rainfall, and five minutes before the scheduled departure we were able to pull up to the harbor and board the ferry and leave at about 6:00 for Orcas Island.


The ferry ride was smooth, calm, and so beautiful. The water was smooth like a silk sheet lightly waving in the breeze. The setting sun cast a golden sheen upon the deep blue water and lush green forests. The crisp air blew like a massive blow dryer on high.

3 comments:

anoyce said...

Oh my goodness! I totally want to go to Washington now! I can't believe all the cool stuff you were able to do! Can't wait to see all the other pictures when you get back!

Nikki said...

I do not ride the Ferry's. I got lost on one when I was 11. SO SCARY!! But I am glad you liked it :)

Anonymous said...

I love your hair Kim!!!