Things Jonathan loves to do these days...
- Talk. He has a lot to say without being able to say anything yet. Kind of a jibber jabber; I think he gets it from his dad.
- Get into everything!!! He is a mover and I feel like I am running a marathon everyday just to keep up with him. I finally gave up the battle on certain things he likes to play with and try to just keep him away from the things that will actually hurt him... like electrical cords.
- Stand & fall. (These two seem to go hand in hand.) He pulls himself up on anything he can and has lots of bruises from all his falls.
- Eat. He eats what we eat (after a small turn or two around the food processor) and hates when his meal is done. Whenever Michael or I have food he is sure he needs some.
- Grow teeth. He now has 7 teeth, 4 on top and 3 on bottom. (Two months later now, he has 4 on the bottom.)
- Being outside, but unfortunately it has been too cold to spend much time out there.
- Flirting with the girls. He is always ready to flash his killer smile at all of the girls. He smiles a lot just because as well.
- Use mom as a jungle gym.
- Read. I am doing all I can to make this a life-long love and he seems to be okay with that.
- Cry when he wants me. If he's across the room I will make him come to me. It is pretty amusing to watch. He will move a foot or two, stop, hit both hands on the floor, look at me like I'm such a mean mom for not coming to get him, put his head down in despair with tears added, look up and see I am laughing and start moving again.
- Play in the bathroom. I have to keep the door shut because I think it's so disgusting.
- Play with blocks. While building blocks he will knock over Michael's tower five times more than he will knock over mine. This is something very aggravating to Michael and hilarious to me.
- Ignore his toys. His favorite toys right now are a Frisbee he just found, a huge piece of drafting paper Michael brought home from work, and an old plastic container that used to hold his puff treats. I guess I shouldn't leave out the DVD collection.
- Finishing his bottle... is this ever going to stop!
- Putting on his shirt. He loves putting on his pants but you would think you were killing to poor little guy when it's time to put his shirt on.
- When I make dinner. It takes too much time away from him. (We have started to put him in his chair and bringing him into the kitchen to watch and learn the joys of cooking.)
- Being taken away from the things he's not allowed to play with... like electrical cords & our space heater.
3 comments:
I loved these updates--you guys are having so much fun with him!
You are so funny. I always said children don't need toys, just the local stuff laying around you never think about but are so interesting to exploring tots. Good for you on the reading and joys of cooking.
Love all the updates on Jonathan! Danny certainly misses his "little" cousin.
Post a Comment