Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Mar 7 - Up in the Canyons

While I do love the snow there is a time and place for everything... and I feel like the time is far spent. Time for Spring! Michael and I had our Warren Miller lift tickets to the Canyon's we needed to use and were afraid we weren't going to be able to use them. The Pacheco's planned the day and we decided we would hit the slopes, snow or no snow. We didn't need to worry because it was a blizzard that day. There were times headed down the hill where visibility was almost zero. While this makes for crazy sight distance, it makes for really great powder. We had such a great time. I wasn't able to go snowboarding last year and I really missed it. It's funny because I always get such anxiety getting ready but once I'm there I love it. I figured out why I don't always love snowboarding. I hate the ski lift. I am terrified of heights and this terror only gets worse when I think about having to get off the lift at the top with my snowboard strapped to my feet. (It probably doesn't help that I was hit in the head by my chair once. I know, I'm that girl.) What makes me always willing to overcome my fears and hit the slopes? I love being outside and being active. I feel so shut in during the winter and what a better way to get out and enjoy being outside. I hope I will be that person snowboarding until their body refuses to snowboard anymore. Below are some pictures to document our day. I had to include this picture for two reasons. First, because he really is the cutest thing every. Second, we went snowboarding on Monday and this is what we did 6 days later. You really have to love this Utah weather.

No comments: