Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Who Knew?!

Who knew that this years Christmas card was a foretelling of my future? Let's recall...


Christmas Card 2007

Working for the man can make anyone glum,
Fluorescent lights make your bored mind go numb.
I sat and worked hard so I could pay all my bills,
And hopefully afford some of life’s extra thrills.
Until that long day when I could no longer hack it,
I went to the coat rack and put on my jacket.
Away to the exit I went in a flash,
Threw open the doors and was off in a dash.
This new found lifestyle was fun and carefree,
I could do what I wanted & answered to me.
The money got tighter as the days passed away,
But that didn’t stop me from wanting to play.
So this holiday season I wish you the best,
All snug in your homes with a nice place to rest.
My new home is tight but I will still hang my socks,
Merry Christmas to you from inside my box.

Merry Christmas!
It all started out as a fun harmless Christmas card poem but has since turned into the sad dilemma that is my life. The CAK (my last apartment) was disbanded and I moved in with my co-worker (Melissa 1) and her roommate (Melissa 2). I found out that last week that Melissa 2 had made an offer on a condo and the offer had been excepted. What does this mean for me? It means that as of March 29th I will once again be looking for a place to rest my head (and I am really starting to wish I had kept this box around). I guess I will be a vagabond until April 18th. I will be taking requests for my presence on your couch. You must meet the following qualifications...
  1. Comfortable couch.
  2. Single or married for at least 5 years or more.
  3. Currently living in Utah.
I'm not too picky. Can't wait for the offers to come pouring in!!!

4 comments:

gina bina said...

Whatev! Move into Michael's house and make HIM find a couch. It will make him appreciate living with you all the more come April.

Jenna said...

We have a GREAT couch! Like I have always said...you are totally welcome here! And we meet all of your qualifications!

Nikki said...

Come on over, the kids would love to have Aunt Kimmie around! Seriously, you are totally welcome!

Anonymous said...

Kick Mike out and have him stay here... he and Drew shared a room before... (and we have only been married for 4 1/2 years, so we don't meet the qualifications...)