We packed up our car (and I really mean jam packed) and headed out for Christmas in California with Michael's family. We called well in advance to make reservations at Pa's palace. We knew there was no hope of Jonathan sleeping the whole car ride there so we left an open seat next to him so we could sit next to him and keep him entertained. We left him in his PJ's, changed his diaper and we were on our way. I had purchased new bottles that tilted to he could drink his bottle while we drove. I fed him his bottle and some oatmeal for breakfast as we went. Shortly after he was full and happy he went to sleep. It worked out that he would get fussy right as we were about ready to stop. I would give him a bottle as we drove down the freeway and then when we stopped we would change his diaper and let him stretch his legs and we were off again. This worked out perfectly and the trip ran very smoothly. There was tons of snow at Donner's Pass but luckily for us it wasn't snowing very hard that day. The trip went a lot better than I thought it would. (I had nightmares about being stuck in a snowstorm with a screaming baby.) Michael and Jonathan make pretty great road tripping buddies.
Donner's Pass, look at all the snow!
2 comments:
Haha...I love his little hat/head protector thing he's wearing! lol...looks so warm! lol!
That has to be one of the cutest pictures I have ever seen of Jonathan. Love it! It was fun bumping into you guys at Olive Garden. How funny we were both there because of a awesome gift card. Aren't gift cards the best?
Post a Comment