Friday, January 21, 2011

Primary Calling!

Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam!


Last year Michael and I had the opportunity to teach the Sunbeams in Primary. We had seven little kids in our class and loved all of them. As the year was coming to an end I was sad our little group would be moving on.

Throughout the year we saved some of their worksheets and then bound them with some pictures we had taken as we started teaching them and then as they were ready to move on. It was so much fun to see how much they had grown in such a short time. We included why we loved having each Sunbeam in our class and a short testimony. We also included our picture (taken by one of our Sunbeams) to help them remember who we are... and a picture of Jonathan as well since he was totally part of the Sunbeam group.


I didn't have too much time to be sad because I was given the calling of Primary Chorister. When I was asked I informed everyone I could play several instruments but none of them very well and other than that I didn't know much else about music. They informed me that knowing music was not a prerequisite ironically enough... I find that very ironic indeed! I accepted and while it is very overwhelming and I feel very inadequate I am loving it. I have a lot to learn and rely heavily on the Lord to help me know what he would have me teach these wonderful primary kids. I'm excited to see what the Lord has for me to learn with this calling. I am so grateful for the patience of the primary kids and leaders as I figure everything out. I am also grateful I get to stay in the primary and that I didn't get pushed back in with the adults... primary is so much more fun!

Like so many things in my life, I blame Michael for this calling. Last year we worked on the primary program songs with our Sunbeams at the end of our lessons. Michael would draw posters to help them and I'm sure that's why I have this calling now. I told him it was as much his calling as it was mine because he was going to be in charge of all of my posters. Here are the posters he has done for "If I Listen with My Heart".

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Kim, that's my all time favorite church calling. Primary Choristers rock! I'm glad you are enjoying it!

miss_ali916 said...

Wow...those are some good drawings!!! lol. Well, this gives me some ideas for my Primary class..which is different because I teach the English speaking kids (all from the same, and only, family). So I have a 4, 5 and 10 year old! Not the easiest to teach with such different ages!